1. Jagdish Bhagwati, The Economics of Underdeveloped Countries, London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 1966.
2. United Nations, Measures for the economic development of underdeveloped countries: Report by a group of experts appointed by the Secretary-General of the United Nations, New York: United Nations, 1951, p 1.
3. Peter Thomas Bauer and Basil S. Yamey, The Economics of Underdeveloped Countries, Cambridge University Press, 1957.
4. Jacob Viner, International Trade and Economic Development, Glencoe, Ill.: Free Press, 1952.
5. Stephen Enke, Economics for Development, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1963.
6. Harvey Leibenstein, Economic Backwardness and Economic Growth, New York, N.Y.: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1957.
7. World Development Report 2007 and 2008.
8. World Bank, World Development Indicators (2006), Washington: World Bank.
9. Ishwar C. Dhingra, The Indian Economy, Environment and Policy, New Delhi: Sultan Chand and Sons, 2007.
10. Dhananjay Mahapatra/TNN, “Population Up, Now 5 Crore More People to Feed”, The Times of India, 11 November, 2008.
11. Survey conducted by the Nutrition Cell of the Director General of Health Services, reported in The Times of India, 19 February, 1968.
12. D. S. Nag, Problems of Underdeveloped Economy, Agra: Laxmi Narain Agarwal, 1962.
14. Frederic Benham in Economic Aid to Underdeveloped Countries, London: Oxford University Press, 1961.
15. From the report of the consultation organized in Geneva in May 1969 by the Secretariat on Development Education of the World Council of Churches, Geneva.
16. Ragnar Nurkse, Problems of Capital Formation in Underdeveloped Countries, Oxford: Blackwell, 1953.
17. D. S. Nag, Problems of Underdeveloped Economy, Agra: Laxmi Narain Agarwal, 1962.
18. Finance and Development, A publication of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank Group, March 1969.
19. S. N. Sanyal, cited by A. C. Fernando and Kambli in Economics of Development and Planning, Bombay: New Literature Publishing Company, 1971.
20. S. N. Agarwal, India's Population Problem, Bombay: Tata McGraw-Hill Publishers, 1972.
21. Robert Cassen, “Population Control” in Paul Streetem and Lipton (Eds.) Crisis of Indian Planning, London: The Royal Institute of International Affairs, page 255.
22. George C. Zaidan cited by A. C. Fernando and Kambli in Economics of Development and Planning, Bombay: New Literature Publishing Company, 1971.
23. “Population”, S. N. Agarwal, page 10.
24. “Population Bomb,” The American Reporter, 17 December, 1969.
27. “Rs 2630 Crore Bribes Paid to Lower Judiciary: Report”, The Hindu, 26 May, 2007.
28. Kounteya Sinha, “Poor Forced to Pay Bribe to Get Kids into School”, The Times of India, 15 July, 2008.
29. K. Vaitheeswaran, “Breaking Free From Corrupt Practices”, The Times of India, 21 August, 2008.
30. “Graft Choking India's Potential, Says Report”, The Indian Express, 4 June, 2007.
31. Hindu Bureau, “Less Corruption, Higher GDP”, The Hindu Business Line, 20 August, 2008.